Thursday, May 3, 2012

Senior Prints





 

So it's been a while since I last posted on my blog. Since I graduated I haven't really produced any new work, and I also realized that I hadn't posted any of my senior prints. During my senior year I focused a lot on using a single medium and altering it each time to make a new print. I worked with a single zinc plate to create this series of prints. For each print I would try to erase the previous image and then create a new image. I learned that with the zinc plate I could never fully get rid of the previous image it. With the final print in the series you can see the history of the plate and everything that it had been through. The series began with an image of my Grandma when she was about 4 years old and transformed into the skeletons of dinosaurs, there is a Tyrannosaurus Rex, a Velociraptor claw, a Brachiosaurus, and the wing or a Pterodactyl. In the future I would like to add more prints to this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment